Why Buy Through DIR?
- Save Time: DIR goes through a competitive procurement process using the Request for Offer (RFO) method of procurement to procure Automated Information System (AIS) and Information Technology (IT) products and services. This cuts the procurement time for our customers dramatically!
- Save Money: We leverage the State of Texas’ purchasing power to get your organization big savings, meaning you receive discounted pricing with pre-negotiated terms and conditions in compliance with state procurement rules.
- Easier Process: Easily search for products and services and filter the results. You’ll quickly find the vendor that’s right for you.
- Quality Assurance: Every DIR approved vendor must comply with the contract in full, meaning they’re knowledgeable and will meet (and often exceed) your expectations.
No matter what IT Products & Services you need, we are ready to help.
Note: Texas State Agencies are required to purchase hardware, software, and technical services through DIR per Texas Government Code (TGC) 2157.068.
Explore the resources DIR has to offer
Explore our Program Areas to meet your buying needs and explore important information and resources available to you
- Buying through DIR contracts will vary from contract to contract and differ depending on the Program Area
- Cooperative Contracts - typically will require the customer to issue a Purchase Order (PO) directly to the Vendor with the DIR Contract number referenced
- Telecommunications - Will vary depending on purchasing TEX-AN Voice or Data Services
- Shared Technology Services Contracts offer managed IT services allowing customers to focus on supporting their missions