Why Buy Through DIR?
- Save Time: DIR goes through a competitive procurement process using the Request for Offer (RFO) method of procurement to procure Automated Information System (AIS) and Information Technology (IT) products and services. This cuts the procurement time for our customers dramatically!
- Save Money: We leverage the State of Texas’ purchasing power to get your organization big savings, meaning you receive discounted pricing with pre-negotiated terms and conditions in compliance with state procurement rules.
- Easier Process: Easily search for products and services and filter the results. You’ll quickly find the vendor that’s right for you.
- Quality Assurance: Every DIR approved vendor must comply with the contract in full, meaning they’re knowledgeable and will meet (and often exceed) your expectations.
No matter what IT Products & Services you need, we are ready to help.
Note: Texas State Agencies are required to purchase hardware, software, and technical services through DIR per Texas Government Code (TGC) 2157.068.
Explore the resources DIR has to offer
Procurement Professional's Guide to DIR
As a procurement professional, start here to find resources and templates for IT purchases, customized Training & Outreach, developing SOWs, and more
Outreach & Training
DIR conducts specialized trainings for your agency. Find out more about how to contact DIR for your training opportunities
Bulk Purchasing Opportunities
DIR engages in limited-time discount agreements for bulk purchasing. Find out about current bulk purchasing initiatives
Do It Yourself - See more about offerings that can be purchased including: Hardware, Software, and Services
Communications Technology Services
Statewide communications infrastructure providing voice & data solutions: TEX-AN Voice & Data Services contracts, ordering, consolidated billing, CCTS
Shared Technology Services (STS)
We Do It For You - Managed Shared IT Services offering Data Center Services (DCS), Texas.gov, Managed Security Services (MSS), Open Data Portal (ODP)
Explore our Program Areas to meet your buying needs and explore important information and resources available to you
- Buying through DIR contracts will vary from contract to contract and differ depending on the Program Area
- Cooperative Contracts - typically will require the customer to issue a Purchase Order (PO) directly to the Vendor with the DIR Contract number referenced
- Telecommunications - Will vary depending on purchasing TEX-AN Voice or Data Services
- Shared Technology Services Contracts offer managed IT services allowing customers to focus on supporting their missions
About File Formats
Some documents on this page are in the PDF format. Please download the Adobe Reader in order to view these documents.