DIR is piloting a new series that features a deeper dive into a specific topic of interest. Delivery format may vary, but each will include:
- Educational content
- Peer collaboration in the form of breakouts or other activities
- Information on related solutions/services available via DIR contracts
THIS EVENT: DATA AND PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS (Starts July 22)
The first topic is planned for July 22nd and addresses Predictive Analytics. The format is a deconstructed conference. Following the popular trend of deconstructed cuisine - the idea is to experiment with the familiar format such that we preserve the educational intent while delivering the COMPONENTS in a different way, allowing you to consume those of interest. This translates as:
- Keynote = presentation delivered by DIR 7/22 (virtual)
- Attendee Networking = pre-session + topical discussions on 7/22 (virtual)
- Exhibitor Area = Contributor Packet with a flyer for each participating DIR Vendor (PDF Handout)
- Breakout Sessions = a variety of bonus sessions held August - October.
DIR Technology Landscape: Exploring Data and Predictive Analytics
Thursday, July 22, 2021, | 9:00 am - 11:00 am | Virtual
Plus a variety of bonus sessions to be held August - October
DIR thanks TASSCC for supporting this educational program.
Predictive analytics is the use of data, statistical algorithms, artificial intelligence, and machine learning to identify trends. Once the domain of statisticians and data scientists, today's easy-to-use solutions make it possible for business analysts and program staff to extract the information needed to make the organization more efficient and to aid better decisions. This intelligence is used to optimize operations, solve difficult problems, reduce risks, and identify future opportunities. Government agencies can also benefit from these technologies to facilitate innovation and assist with the digital transformation of mission-critical processes.
Join us for an exploration of this landscape as we learn more about the topic from a variety of experts as they engage in a collaborative discussion about the challenges, and opportunities of using predictive analytic solutions.
Program (7/22 9am-11am)
Pre-Session (8:45) - Join early to participate in informal networking and ice breakers
- John Hoffman, Chief Technology Officer, DIR
Predictive Analytics Expert Panel Discussion
- Facilitated by Ed Kelly, Chief Data Officer, State of Texas
Solutions/Services Available via DIR Contracts
- Hershel Becker, Chief Procurement Officer, DIR
Topical Breakout Discussions
- Participants choose a virtual room for peer discussion
- Ed Kelly, Chief Data Officer, State of Texas
Bonus Sessions (August-October)
The learning extends beyond a single day! DIR vendors with products and services in this space are invited to sessions on data-related topics in August, September, and October. DIR will share that list of events, and you can sign up for any of interest. (Events may be virtual or in person. Each is organized independently.)
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with questions.
- There is no cost to attend any session related to this program. Any Texas public sector employee may register.
- DIR will award 2 hours of continuing education credit.
- DIR is hosting the core session on 7/22 and sharing information on the Bonus Sessions, each of which will be hosted separately.
Date & Location
Date & Time
Virtual via Zoom (7/22 session)
Public sector employees are invited to join us for this valuable, collaborative program. There is no cost to attend. Note that the program is planned for 9am - 11am, but you are invited to join early for some networking.
Instead of exhibitors, DIR has invited companies with DIR contracts for related products and services to each contribute a one-page flyer. This packet will be available at the 7/22 program and beyond.
DIR thanks the companies that support this important educational event. Be sure to check out their flyer in the attendee packet (available 7/22) or visit their websites.
- Amazon Web Services
- Apex Systems
- CGI + Sense Corp
- Competentia Services LLC
- Dell Boomi
- Google Cloud
- Grant Thornton Public Sector LLC
- GTS Technology Solutions
- Hyland Software
- Mark III Systems
- Microassist, Inc.
- Nagarro, Inc.
- PMCS Services
- Pure Storage
- SailPoint Technologies
- TEKsystems Global Services
- Veritas Technologies LLC
- Xerox Corporation