Clerk II (Digital Content Intern)
Open Until Filled
Clerk II (Digital Content Intern)
Military Occupation Specialty Code:
Marine Corps-0111; Air Force-3F5X1
Number of Vacancies:
Chief of Staff – Program Development Office
$2194.33 – $2800.00
Hours Worked Weekly:
Work Primarily Performed at:
Hybrid work or may be eligible for remote work depending on location
300 W. 15th St., Austin, TX 78701
Refer Inquiries to:
(512) 463-5920 or (512) 475-4612
HOW TO APPLY:
- Select “Apply Online” to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
- You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply
- Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps
- Once ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page
- If you have problems accessing the CAPPS Career Section, please email the CAPPS Recruiting Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must provide in-depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification.
- Resumes may be uploaded as an attachment but are not accepted in lieu of the information required in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application.
Candidates will be notified of appointments as determined by the selection committee.
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of their Selective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodations.
The Texas Department of Information Resources is the state agency charged with protecting the state’s data and critical technology infrastructure, managing a multi-million-dollar cooperative contracts program, and providing strategic technology leadership, solutions, and innovation to all levels of Texas government. DIR is a fast-paced and collaborative environment with highly motivated and engaged employees dedicated to achieving the best value for the state.
WHAT WE DO
The ideal candidate will have the ability to highlight their strengths in the following functions:
- Research industry information for video and digital media publications.
- Curate and collect content for video and digital media that is timely and relevant.
- Edit digital content, and prepare content for publishing.
- Write and update content for DIR video and digital media presence that attracts and educates potential customers.
- Participate in the content process, including brainstorming, researching, writing, and editing content.
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned.
We are interested in students with the following skills:
- Demonstrated skill in designing, editing, and integrating digital content for production in presentation and video formats.
- Ability to apply communication, marketing, or graphic design principles to presentation and video projects.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Creative problem-solving.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Research and documentation of findings.
- Adaptability and ability to work in fast-paced environments with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to incorporate the DIR brand into creative design and content.
- Ability to complete work within deadlines.
- A student currently enrolled in a college or university as an upper-division (junior or senior) undergraduate with a major or course work in communication, marketing, graphic design, or a related field.
- Must possess academic performance that is considered in good academic standing by college/university standards.
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING PREFERRED
- Experience with designing, editing, and integrating digital content.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and applicable software necessary to perform work assignments – e.g., word processing, spreadsheets (Excel preferred), email (Outlook preferred), presentation software (PowerPoint preferred), and online meeting software (Teams).
- The team meets regularly and interacts to spur discussions and brainstorm strategies. Your input will be valued and your opinions will be heard.
- Work may be performed in a hybrid work environment or may be eligible for remote work depending on location
- Frequent use of a personal computer.
- Frequent listening and talking.
- Frequent work in a dynamic environment, as a team member, and in direct contact with others.
THE FINE PRINT
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Background check required
- Ability to understand, follow and convey brief oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships at all organizational levels, including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, internal and external customers
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment
- Ability to work under pressure to complete assigned tasks within a given timeframe
- Comply with all applicable safety rules, regulations, standards
- Ability to comply with all agency policies and applicable laws